Thursday, August 6, 2009

Josie Maran Rocks Our T-Shirt

Model and actress Josie Maran is determined to help the environment. After working in the entertainment industry for a number of years, Josie decided to start a cosmetics line dedicated to eco-friendly initiatives, bio-degradable packaging, and natural ingredients. With a business mission like that, Josie is the perfect person to help kick off our Summer Sale. Seen above wearing the Tree Rings T-Shirt (and she wears it well!), Josie was also kind enough to take the time to answer a few questions for us. Special thanks to Josie and Polly for all of their support and a great blog about Future Weather!

What made you want to start an organic makeup company?

It was impossible to find high performance and healthy makeup. I wanted it for myself, and I knew other women would too.

How do you balance your career with raising a daughter?
I love being a mom and I really enjoy my work. When I get home from work, I'm so happy to play in her world and in the morning I'm very happy in my world. Happiness is key to balance.

What's your "eco pet peeve"?
Hardcore eco-people that scare away the mainstream from even coming close to "being green."

What about your not-so-environmentally-friendly guilty pleasure? (For the Future Weather team, it would have to be take-out containers.)
Wanting a private jet (but I'm hoping it will run on algae!)

You're an actress. We're a film production team. What kind of interview would this be if we didn't ask you: What is your favorite movie?
Harold and Maude.

No comments: