Wednesday, March 25, 2009

e speaks trees

Trees! I am so excited to be a part of this project because I have always been somewhat obsessed with this idea of tree rings. I find it so interesting that within these rings all this information can be revealed about a tree’s life. Like living with your very own road map to your life right inside of you...I love the idea of that, of each year marking you in some way. I think it’s such a beautiful visual representation of a life lived. I wish people had rings we could see!

xxx
e

e bond is an artist, bookmaker and designer for Anthropologie in Philadelphia. A graduate of Moore College of Art and Design, e is now teaches a class at Moore called Words & Pictures: The Book.
Last spring, e took a trip to the Scottish Highlands where she planted Scots Pine seedlings in an effort to restore the Caledonian Forest. Read more about it here.

No comments: